Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When spybot detects or deletes a file, write the file's date created (or date modified) in the log file (and possibly on the screen during the removal stage when the user is prompted) - this would be helpful in determining how long the computer has been compromised. In my case I had a keylogger and wanted to know how long it had been there.

Good idea
    Added to project tools: Display file dates (possibly more) in log
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hello
    I have some suggestions
    1) In a further release I think it would be good to entegrate the RootAlyzer into spybot. Of course I think rootalyzer needs some improvments For ex: It can't delete some files. And it gives lots of false pozitives. For ex: The crawler toolbar of spyware terminator and all of its files are detected as rootkits.

2) I would really like to see the old eraser module back.

3) I know that some people don't like the Gui but i think it is very good. I wouldn't like it to be changed. But even if you will change it I think it would be nice to keep the old gui and give the users a choice to select the gui to use. I don't know if this possible.Even if it is possible I am sure it would be a hard thing to do.
    DOCTUS.ORG Turkish security forum

1. Those aren't false positives in RootAlyzer: RootAyzer shows only suspicious, not identified items
    A few are documented, others are on the whitelist, if you know more that shouldn't be shown, please post details in the RootAlyzer forum, and we'll update it

2. The "Secure Shredder"? It's still there, just as a separate module. Run SDShred.exe, though the link inside the app hould open it as well.

3. Modularization, see my blog, makes separation necessary.
    Don't be afraid of a too-fancy custom GUI though; the 2.0 screenshots on the bugtracker are not up-to-date, but the keep-it-simple of them will be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    2. The "Secure Shredder"? It's still there, just as a separate module. Run SDShred.exe, though the link inside the app hould open it as well.
    No the eraser The one like the unlocker to erase the files that are in use and cannot be deleted We have discussed it before with you See here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...1&postcount=21
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...9&postcount=27

And by the way I will write the safe items to the rootalyzer forum also
    DOCTUS.ORG Turkish security forum

do you think you could take a look at adding support for this to the app becouse this will not only make the program a whole better but more user friendly to. http://www.CompatDB.org http://compatdb.org/faq-96.html. and could you possable add support for http://www.ntcompatible.com witch is ran by same people as CompatDB.org

The CompatDB.org project is an attempt to create a free (as in the freedom) standard for user submitted compatibility lists as well free compatibility lists for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. The provided compatibility lists as well the XML-based CompatDB.org document format are licensed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) and can be used in both open source and commercial projects for free.

I didn't find a single product with the newest version or even a next-to-newest one listed, but more important: how would you thing it should be integrated? Just by itself, it would be far from anything else by topic (and in this case, looking p things online would always be more up-to-date). In the tools section, System Startup and Uninstall list installed software in a way, but do these entries use the exactly same names as Uninstall entries for example? I does not seem so, and associating thousands ore more of entries with additional data so that it could be used does look a bit time consuming.

Exclamation Interface problem

Hello all,

I am requesting that I at least be able to have everything happen in one main window not so many pop-up little ones.

This has been a very annoying trend I find with a lot of software these days. Seems like a step backward. I don't mind if it can be "optional" to set it this way. I am really tired of repositioning and re-sizing windows all day.

Windows itself is absolutely the WORST offender. Whats with all those unresizable dialogs etc that never remember anything about anything.

ITS 2011 BILL !!!

OK ... rant over

I will say; however, that Spybot is still a great program. I'll also add that I was pleased that at least IT did remember my window positions and sizes. I'd just like to see a return to being able to do everything in one window if I so choose thus avoiding setting up all those window positions and sizes in the first place.

Keep up the good work

Floyd
    Vancouver BC
    Canada

Default Beta 2 working well ... Windows 7 Premium X64

Day 2 of operation and all is well...
    I went through it and set it up the way I always have. Pretty much manual Except for update.

Not sure if I'll be able to spend the time to go through all the possible scenarios, but doing file scan, system scan, updating ... they all worked well. I have on-access turned off because of the 2 other software doing that function here.
    Sophos 9 enterprise type anti-virus with on-access scanning plus Malwarebytes real time enabled also. (Sophos seems very sensitive to many things but at least I get a warning and can research further. I have it set to heuristic ultra paranoid mode and it lives up to it, it seems) quite a few false positives but I'm sure the University network that supplies it likes it that way :-)

just an FYI

Floyd
    Vancouver
    Canada

Last edited by floydlloyd; 2011-07-31 at 02:07. Reason: added better description of running environment

Yea, it's quite annoying it's popping up a new window all the time when you're trying to access a new "entrance".