Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teatimer.exe eating up all my processing capacity

Default tea timer exe

Since downloading the latest updates from spybot S&D, every time I try to close down the computer, it hangs and tells me to cancelteatimer.exe. ???????????? What shall I do please?

Default TeaTimer.exe hanging

I have the same problem, since the recent TeaTimer update

Have a look at the TeaTimer doesn't work after Update thread on this page.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32956

Is this the problem you're having?
    Spybot 1.6.2.46, Resident SDHelper ON, TeaTimer Resident ON
    XP sp3, IE7. Pentium 2GHz, 2GB RAM

Default TeaTimer CPU Spike and Holding

Hi, Its Sept 2008 and TeaTimer.exe is still an issue with my CPU. I never experienced this before until a 2007 upgrade to SpyBot. I wonder if the version/programming was efficient in this service. I run XP and still having TeaTimer impacting CPU/Laptop resources. Thanks for the application and your effort. I contribute.
    Jerry

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jysharp2003 (Jerry):

What version of TeaTimer are you running?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default cpu100%

Hi,
    A couple of weeks ago now and have noticed that my computer is very hot and is slow for some reason and today i noticed more than ever that my pointer would disapear for seconds at a time as if the cpu was working hard. I checked taskmaster and noticed cpu at 100%. Fearing that my computer was on the way out i started to check out the net for reasons why and came to no answers. I had noticed a process called teatimer exe. that i didn't recognize being on all the time i had firefox on, even when i close firefox down to 1 tab the cpu% is up at 100% for say a minute or more and my fan running overtime i have had a book on my knee for two weeks while i use computer to protect form the heat. I then searched for teatimer and bingo and i find this thread. I have uninstalled S&D and the problem is cured. I had installed S&D from CNET for anyone who would like to know.

Thanks for the heads up to my problem, what suggestions would anyone have for a healthier re-install, also why did S&D not update to sort this problem,

Steve

What version of TeaTimer were you originally using?
    May I suggest a fresh reinstall of Spybot-Search&Destroy (and clear out your temp. files too btw)? Give it a second chance.

Don't activate TeaTimer immediately, but activate it after you've installed Spybot.

What are the specs of your system?
    Download Spybot-Search&Destroy from SaferNetworking's Servers:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/o...rs1/index.html
    -
    And clear out your Temp. files with ATF Cleaner by Atribune:
    http://www.atribune.org/index.php?op...d=25&Itemid=25