Thread: autolog ?

Default autolog ?

Hi!

I'm a little french and I wanna thank you for you work, it's very nice !!

I work in Networks and I usually use Spybot to disinfect computers.

I would to automatise the manipulation, It's already good but I must save a log file before exiting, so how can I do in command line?

Thanks!

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
    There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

No, I know all the commands and your manipulation doesn't work...
    I made a batch file with commands I wanna execute, so I would find the command whose save a log file.

Is it possible?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Logs are saved by default.

If you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings, as suggested by spybotsandra, about 2/3 of the way down the options tree you should see the following default settings:

░ Log file settings
    ├─ ■ Write complete check details to debug file Checks.txt
    ├─ ■ Write complete fixing details to debug file Fixes.txt
    ├─ ■ Include date and time in debug filename (Checks.yymmdd-hhnn.txt).
    └─ □ Overwrite log file if existent (else append to it).

With those settings, by default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a Spybot scan ("Check for problems"). The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something ("Fix selected problems").

To access the logs that are produces by default use one of the two following methods:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Locate the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm that you are interested in viewing. Highlight it (left click) and then "Open" it.
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.

Also note that if you are viewing either the results of a "Check for problems" or a "Fix selected problems", you can right click on the results list and then select "Copy results to clipboard". The detailed results listing can then be pasted (Ctrl+V) to any document that you choose.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Arf we don't understand.

An example:
    I must disinfect 20 computers in a society. I'm alone.
    So, I run my script file whose run Spybot, check systems, autofix, autoimmunize and autoclose. As far as now I've no problems.
    But, before autoclose, and whithout me forward the computer, I must save a log file of the scan result. So I have not to be forward the computer to click or another thing.
    It is necessary that I must not to be here because I must, at the same moment, do many things.

Do you understand what I want? Is there a command to do that?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Look here for Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files:
    • Windows 95 or 98:
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows ME:
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-01-30 at 15:26.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Oh yes! Thank you and sorry I was in the sky !

Is there a way to automate the logs from install? I didn't see a switch for it.