Thread: Spybot will not complete a scan ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Prior to spybot freezing i have had no problems with random popups or any ads. Also I did not see any difference in the performance of my computer. I did notice sluggishness of web pages and after spybot began freezing about two weeks ago, my computer did start to slow down and it still does. I also run adaware se and yahoo anti-spy that comes with my internet software. Also i have NortonSystem works 2003, i did a full pc scan and it did not detect any virus (yes everything was up to date) I went through the one button checkup and at the windows registry scan it found some errors, and it automatically fixed them. I scanned again right after doing so and it said 0 errors found. They were invalid activex/com entries. I also did the usual, erased all cookies, internet files and history. I ran speed disk, defragment, disk doctor and quick clean (all with the norton) We went away for a few days unexpectedly and forgot all about shutting down the comp. before we hurried to the train and when we got back norton had said it detected a virus trojan.vundo This was about a month ago. My brothers wife's stepdad is a computer wiz and had taken the computer for a week or so and fixed everything for us. He got us the norton systemworks before that we had the anti virus and firewall. When we got the pc back everything worked as good as new
    Last edited by KMunzta; 2005-12-04 at 18:23.