Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot Search&dESTROY SCAN GETS STUCK...

Default Spybot gets stuck at 6006/58051, it just continually scans

My computer is doing the same thing. I've used 3 other anti spyware programs to scan and all the others say it's clean now. I am also using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.2 which says it's clean. I've used hijack this and removed everything that was suspicious and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalled spybot several times. It starts to scan gets to
    (6006:58051 coolWWWsearch) and just scans and scans and scans. I also tried the coolWWWsearch removal tool and it said that it didn't detect it on my system. Any ideas would be appriciated.

Thanks

Unhappy Me too! Gets stuck at Zlob.VideoCodecs

I have been having this problem for about a month and now the scan gets stuck and never finishes - even when left running overnight. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, scanned with other programs and nothing has helped.

Now it won't even update, this is new since last week.

Someone please help us SOON!

Hello,

This could be caused by several reasons like an old Spybot version, too much temporary files or problems with the system restore point.

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder and try it again: For that purpose, please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Tools" --> "Secure Shredder" from the navigation bar on the left. There select "Add files from temp folder" from the drop down menu on the top (hit the small arrow next to templates). Then "Chop it away!"

You can also try the following:
    - select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
    - exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
    - run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Angry I've tried this fix multiple times, IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Thanks for your replies Sandra, but as you can see it's not working; people are following your instructions to no avail!

Is there no cure!?

Hello,

Many users have reported a problem after the advanced check library update (version 1.5) from the 2007-01-12:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10443/_
    The scan was much faster before, now it takes longer than one hour.
    But we were able to fix the problem yet. You can download the new update here:
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_advcheck.exe
    Now your Spybot - Search & Destroy should scan as usual.

If you are running Spybot - Search & Destroy on a system that has Hyperthreading Technology (HTT) please read the following thread:

Spybot-S&D will not complete a scan?
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=110

Here is another post that might help:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...90&postcount=4

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Spybot stops (and crashes) CoolWWWSearch

Spybot stops at 6011 which is CoolWWWSearch. After a bit it starts to beep at 2 different frequencies, It starts to beep more frequently. Then the whole computer reboots. If I pause the scan it stops beeping. I tried AVG and it starts beeping too. Eventually AVG crashes but not the whole computer. Running Win2K. I ran Spybot in normal and safe mode and AVG in Safe mode.
    No solution yet.

has anyone found a solution to this prb yet. my computer still gets stuck with coolwwwsearch and doesnt finish the scan

D

Default still hangs

I have downloaded the latest spybot,
    cleaned the temp files
    unchecked all the boxes
    tried setting affinity ( but to no avail as it does not show up as a selection) ( mobile pent R, 1.7 ghz, 2 gig ram)
    and it still hangs, even in safe mode!

I am runnning XP Pro (SP2).

HELP!!!!!!