Thread: File Recovery Help

Default File Recovery Help

Hey everybody,

Brand new to the forums, and i hate asking the same question but i couldn't find the exact answer i was looking for using the search function.

After running spybot search and destroy, it deleted my bearshare lite p2p file sharing program including all of my mp3 files. I used the system recovery tool and was able to pull up some of the bearshare information but not the files (which are the only thing i really care about). How do i got about recovering the actual files?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggiles View Post
    Hey everybody,

Brand new to the forums, and i hate asking the same question but i couldn't find the exact answer i was looking for using the search function.

After running spybot search and destroy, it deleted my bearshare lite p2p file sharing program including all of my mp3 files. I used the system recovery tool and was able to pull up some of the bearshare information but not the files (which are the only thing i really care about). How do i got about recovering the actual files?
    anybody??

no help eh?

Hello,

Please make sure you have all updates installed. (If you don't know how to use the update function yet, here's a short tutorial including a screenshot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html ).
    Restore the files you deleted with Spybot - Search & Destroy: Run Spybot - Search & Destroy, select 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' --> 'Recovery' from the left bar and restore all the files and entries, which are in association with the item that should be restored. For your problem, it is especially important to have the tools update installed. Here is the direct download link for the tools update:
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...otsd_tools.exe .
    After following these steps please try again. Be sure that all the Explorer windows are closed. Maybe you will have to restart your computer.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please make sure you have all updates installed. (If you don't know how to use the update function yet, here's a short tutorial including a screenshot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html ).
    Restore the files you deleted with Spybot - Search & Destroy: Run Spybot - Search & Destroy, select 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' --> 'Recovery' from the left bar and restore all the files and entries, which are in association with the item that should be restored. For your problem, it is especially important to have the tools update installed. Here is the direct download link for the tools update:
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...otsd_tools.exe .
    After following these steps please try again. Be sure that all the Explorer windows are closed. Maybe you will have to restart your computer.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I had previously updated the spybot search and destroy and used file recovery for bearshare. As i stated in the first it restored some of the files but not the mp3 and other related media files. After reading your post i checked to make sure i was completely up to date and i was. I tried to recover the files again but they where already restored. Upon trying to update spybot tools i was unable too download the tools.exe for some reason.

How do i go about finding these lost files??

I had previously updated the spybot search and destroy and used file recovery for bearshare. As i stated in the first it restored some of the files but not the mp3 and other related media files. After reading your post i checked to make sure i was completely up to date and i was. I tried to recover the files again but they where already restored. Upon trying to update spybot tools i was unable too download the tools.exe for some reason.

How do i go about finding these lost files??
    anyone else have any suggestions.....

anyone else have any suggestions.....
    BUMP!!!

please help.

Well dang guys!

Spybot and this forum rock!

Glad i bought this craptastic product.

I'm not sure what you mean,what product did you buy?