Thread: How to Modify Entries in Spybot Resident

Default How to Modify Entries in Spybot Resident

I mistakenly did not allow a registry entry change for an item called "Global Browser Toolbar". And now Spybot Resident now causes endless notices that this registry has not been changed. How can I fix this?

Was Remember This Decision checkmarked when you didn't allow the change?Do the notices appear in the lower right corner of your desktop,and mention anything about a blacklist?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Was Remember This Decision checkmarked when you didn't allow the change?Do the notices appear in the lower right corner of your desktop,and mention anything about a blacklist?
    Yes to both questions.

To remove an entry from the Black &White list,rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.
    You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one until you find the item you want to remove. Then click the black X beside the item to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    To remove an entry from the Black &White list,rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.
    You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one until you find the item you want to remove. Then click the black X beside the item to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.
    How do I get to Teatimer?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) icon in the system tray (system notification) area.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

When I try to click on the icon in the system tray, the popup only appears for a fraction of a second, not enough time to click on an item. I think that all the "Registry change denied" popups are interfering.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Are you right clicking on the icon?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I think that you are right. I probably was left clicking. I finally got the opportunity to get into Tea Timer settings and change the registry change blocked list.

Thank you very much for your patience!