Thread: Tea Timer: Denied a pop up instead of accepting....Can it be reversed?

Default Tea Timer: Denied a pop up instead of accepting....Can it be reversed?

I accidently clicked the wrong button and denied a request for my anti-virus program instead of accepting it because of the bug in Tea Timer that does not show all the buttons on the bottom of the pop up. Is there a way to change what I blocked to accept it so my anti-virus program will function properly? Thanks in advance for your replies and help with this matter!

Hello
    Somebody in a forum had the same problem .....he uninstalled Spybot.....and reinstall it ....the settings of TeaTimer were all delete......you can wait for a another solution before ....maybe be just turning TeaTimer at "off" few minutes and check all your antivirus and after reactived TeaTimer ??
    Bye
    Last edited by Danny; 2007-02-18 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by BowtieGM3 View Post
    I accidently clicked the wrong button and denied a request for my anti-virus program instead of accepting it because of the bug in Tea Timer that does not show all the buttons on the bottom of the pop up. Is there a way to change what I blocked to accept it so my anti-virus program will function properly? Thanks in advance for your replies and help with this matter!

Hi Bowtie, this problem had been baffling me for the longest time as well.

That's the primary reason that I bothered registering to give you the simple solution I stumbled upon, ( although the confusing, complex stuff certainly makes for elucidating reading. ;-) )

I'm assuming SB 1.4 and win XP, which is what I have, anyway.

Right click on the Teatimer Icon in your Tray.

Select "settings." This will pop up your white and black lists. Great! Big progress so far.

Click on either the "allowed" or "unallowed" element tab for what you need.

Now this was the part that stumped me for longer than I care to admit. *ggg* There's no "Delete" button or anything (the Del key doesn't work either), for the item you want to nuke. But if you click on the faded "x" to the right of the item, it will disappear. :doh: =D.

The pig-headed Tea-Timer problem should be solved.
    Last edited by Dada257; 2007-02-19 at 21:00. Reason: hehe...proofreading

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dada257 View Post
    Now this was the part that stumped me for longer than I care to admit. *ggg* There's no "Delete" button or anything (the Del key doesn't work either), for the item you want to nuke. But if you click on the faded "x" to the right of the item, it will disappear. :doh: =D.
    If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically do an "Allow change" or a "Deny change" based on that "Remember this decision". To edit this information:[LIST]Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
    • Allowed processes
    • Blocked processes
    • Allowed registry changes
    • Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should be reviewed that were are based on your "Remember this decision" entries are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes".

You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Does this mean that if there is nothing in my "black and white list" then none of the blocked/allowed registry changes were remembered? Does that mean they are also irreversible?
    There are some items listed on the "tools page", but they don't show up in the black and white list.
    Last edited by operaflute; 2007-03-07 at 20:24.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

operaflute:

See the answer to your other post here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks! I think what I'll do is just reintall the programs I suspect may be affected. Question - what is the default - to remember, or not to remember the actions you select in the teatimer pop up box?