Thread: Exclude

Default Exclude

Hello,

Currently, I'm setting Spybot ver 1.4 to exclude some Window Firewall registry entries. I would like to push this setting out to other laptops in the field that have the same version of Spybot installed. Does anyone know the file that Spybot reads to exclude these entries or does anyone have an idea on how I can achieve excluding this settings on multiple machines? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

metter:

When you exclude individual detections ("Ignore single") and products ("Ignore products") from scans ("Check for problems") the information for "Ignore single" is stored in the Single.sbe and the information for "Ignore Products" is store in the Bots.sbe file. Both of these files are stored in one of following directories by default:
    • Windows 95/98
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
    • Windows ME
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
    • Windows NT/2000/XP
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes

However, Spybot will not recognize external changes to either the Single.sbe or the Bots.sbe file. I assume that this is to prevent malware from excluding itself by manipulating that file. If any changes are made to the Single.sbe or the Bots.sbe file outside of Spybot the file(s) will be emptied the next time Spybot is loaded.

From the following statement it sounds like you may be running Spybot in a commercial environment.

Quote Originally Posted by metter View Post
    I would like to push this setting out to other laptops in the field that have the same version of Spybot installed.
    There is a special product for corporate users of Spybot S&D called Spybot S&D Intranet Server. I don't know if that product will allow detection exclusions to be pushed out to individual user's systems, however, I suggest that you review the following information and then ask the question at the reference provided (licenses@spybot.info):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.