Thread: DOS Command Prompt Window

Default DOS Command Prompt Window

...keeps popping up every 2 or 3 minutes and then disappears just as quickly. I finally was able to read the title bar and it is called C:\WINDOWS\System32\ipconfig.exe

Does anyone know what this is and how to remove it or keep it from popping up?

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell

Hello.

Please see the procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance

Post the requested information into this topic, and a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default ?

Thanks for the reply. However I did read the "Before you Post" instructions prior to submitting my post and I have read it again. I am not picking up on what it is (or not) that I am doing wrong??? What can I do in order to make my post acceptable in order to have my problem looked at?

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell

Hi there.

This is the malware removal forum and to post here for advice, members need to follow the steps in this topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=73759 and provide the HJT log so that an analysis can be made.

In other words helpers here, take a look at the bigger picture before offering advice.

Your problem may not be anything to do with malware, please see groups such as: http://windows.ittoolbox.com/groups/...figexe-1066714

This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.