Date this bug/fix was posted: 2005-10-28
Current date I downloaded S&D and bug is still there: 2006-04-19

Time between: 6 months

Seriously, even with an 'official unofficial patch', this is a poor way for a product (yes, even a free product) to remain available for download. I learned of this bug while I was doing a Windows Update and it tried to add a startup entry to my regsitry. I had to redo the install because I would not click blindly when I could not see the "Allow" and "Decline" buttons. I uninstalled S&D immediatly.

The fix is simple. The "corrected version" has been promised since nearly the same time this bug was announced. Yet it has not been applied to the downloadable version. S&D looked like a wonderful tool and I'm sure a lot of people use it. However, I imagine a great number of people do exactly what I did at first, uninstall it, rather than look here for a trivial fix that they shouldn't even have to apply using methods most security minded people instinctually avoid (i.e. 'download this program from my www.someaddress.pl website, run it, and edit stuff you have no clue about').

Please take the 2 minutes it requires to fix the bug and the under 60 minutes required to repackage the install file.

Other than that, thanks for this free product and thank you to the original poster on this thread for the workaround.