Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question

When's the next release due? It is not financially viable for me and my business to make 100's of FREE housecalls to fix this bug.

Actually, a new TeaTimer release is in internal beta testing. We expect to give it to the forums experts late next week. Among the new features will be a system for automatic white- or blacklisting of registry entries based on the file they point to, better protection of snapshots against changes by malware, more monitored entries and some fixed small memory leaks (well yes and that ugly graphical glitch, for which Borland has kind of apologized by now ).

The reason for delays... well, just take a look at the current news about Symantec. We would have loved to fix so-called incompatibilities and waited for details... and waited...

And of course we worked on updates for the detection engine itself. The next engine update will nearly double the ways we can use to detect malware.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

PepiMK:

Thanks for the information on the work in progress. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your effort on our behalf.

Regards,
    md usa spybot fan

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The reason for delays... well, just take a look at the current news about Symantec. We would have loved to fix so-called incompatibilities and waited for details... and waited....
    Never mind Symantec. They will not respond to your requests. They know that they have the resources to fend you off. Do what you think is best for your software and I believe that ultimately, it will be the users who will give you a pat in the back for a job well done.
    Spyware is the bane of the Internet.

Thanks for this fix!

thanks...works great!

-SC

Default Thanks

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! a life saver to say the least!!!

Lan

Default Fix For Tea Timer pop-up

The fix worked fine. Prior to the fix when I right clicked the Tea Timer on the taskbar the pop-up window was white and had nothing in it. After the fix was applied the "Allow" and "Deny" blocks showed up without being cut off, also the menu showed up when the Tea Timer on the taskbar was right clicked. Was this part of the fix, or did something else change? After I rebootted the Tea Timer isn't on the taskbar, but is on and working. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Kent

Default Can see the button now but the tick box does not work

Hi,

I followed the suggested procedure and it certainly fixed the problem of not being able to see the Allow / Deny buttons. However now that they can be seen properly and work properly the check box (remember this decision) does not work on my system.

Am I the only one or did I boob somewhere in following the posted work around instructions?

Help?

laopa
    still crazy after all these years

No,the Remember This Decision checkbox always worked properly for me,after fixing Teatimer.
    If you used reshacker to fix Teatimer,reshacker should have made a backup of Teatimer in your Spybot - Search & Destroy folder,called TeaTimer_original.exe,in case you made a mistake.
    You should find the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder in Program Files,if you installed Spybot to the default location.