Thread: Vista?

Default Vista?

Runalyzer 0.6.5b does not run in my install of Vista. I'm using Vista Ultimate x64.

When I launch Runalyzer, the window never apears, but the taskbar icon is there. If I click the taskbar icon, nothing happens. There is minimal disk activity durring the several minutes before I open the task manager, and terminate Runalyzer.

I tried not only opening Runalyzer normally, but right-clicking on the Start Menu icon and selecting "Run as Administrator..."

Does Runalyzer save an error log? I've looked in it's Program Files directory, but I cannot find one.

Do you have the immunization applied in Spybot?
    In that case it takes some time to load up... how long did you wait for it to appear?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Do you have the immunization applied in Spybot?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    In that case it takes some time to load up... how long did you wait for it to appear?
    I think it was more than 10 minutes. I didn't actually time it, but it was far longer than I normally wait for a program to respond.

I'm going to upload a new version today, which has startup times improved. Please try that

edit: Download RunAlyzer 0.6.8.3 here
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I tried the new version in Windows XP, and it worked great. The only issue was that I could not uncheck anything in the advanced startup section that was highlighted in yellow. I could uncheck things that were not highlighted, but anything in yellow wouldn't respond.

I'll try the new version in Vista later today.

OK, this version is working on Vista x64. It's not happy, but it is working now.

For some reason, RunAlyzer keeps complaining that something is modifying it when I try and expand any of the lists in the Advanced Startup items section. I couldn't get the notifications to stop, and I had to open the task manager, and end the process tree.

BTW: I assume that RunAlyzer's GUI uses .NET? It's very slow at rendering the items in the list, even on my high-end system (dual-core CPU, 2GB dual-channel RAM, 7800GTX video card with NVIDIA ForceWare 158.18), which makes scrolling through large lists rather difficult.
    Last edited by GT500; 2007-04-22 at 21:09.

Sorry to tripple post, but I want to be a little more clear on the error message I am recieving, as it'a happening in Windows XP x64 SP2 as well. It says some to the effect of "An outsider has injected malicious code into this program", and that message pops up whenever I try to view any of the Advanced Startup entries.

If you need me to post error logs or screenshots, then please let me know.