Thread: SpyBot Scheduler question

Question SpyBot Scheduler question

Hi,

I set up a schedule for spybot to run automatically but I still have a few questions. First some background:

1) The user for whom I set it up does not have a password so I created another user and set the task to run under that user id.

2) The task seems to kick off (Task scheduler reports it is running and if I check task manager, spybot can be seen running)

HOWEVER

Spybot doesn't actually appear to be doing anything. The gui does not pop up nor is there an icon in the tray. There is not ANY indication it is running other than the appearance in task manager - the hard disk is NOT being accessed and task manager reports the cpu use to be 0. Also, the task never ends.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this situation. Is it because I am running the task under another user id? Just so you know, I set the new user up as limited and then administrator - with no difference. What is SUPPOSED to happen when scheduled - should the program run as if I had launched it manually or does it work in a special silent mode? Does the launching id need admin rights?

Kind regards and thanks for any help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

What parameters did you use on the scheduled task?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Autocheck, autofix and autoclose...is that what you are asking?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I assume the intent of adding a scheduled task (as well as the addition of the user with a password) is so you can run Spybot unmonitored. Try adding the following parameter to the scheduled task in additions to the ones you listed to eliminate the need for the new user to interface with Spybot while it is running:
    • /taskbarhide

For additional information on scheduling parameters that can be used, see the following:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.