Thread: altered spybot

Question altered spybot

:p ok I dont understand what is going on with my computer. A week ago I tried to run spybot and I got a warning stating that I couldnt run it because it had been altered and since spybot does not alter itself that I had malware. So I uninstalled and tried again and it didnt say it again but I had other problems, so I knew that something wasnt right so I had run norton test and still didnt find anything.So then I discussed with a friend and he recommended that I highjack it and so we did and took out mywebsearch and it seemed fine then today it was acting up again so I tried to run spybot and same thing"Spybot has been altered and since it does not alter itself I have malware. It did this 2 times and the 3rd time it did not do it again but now I am not sure, do I have malware or what? And spybot wasnt the only one that said it. I also have a cleaner so I used that and still problems. Anyone have a clue? Please let me know.Thank you
    Lisa:( :(

Hello Lisa, sorry to hear of your computer problems.

Could we see a Spybot-S&D log please so that we can advise you as to the next step.
    Spybot-S&D
    Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available, close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found. Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
    Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Copy paste the log into this topic.

Make sure you update the program after installing and before scanning. (If you receive a Bad Checksum Error please try another download mirror.)

If you are running an older version of Spybot-S&D.

Spybot-S&D 1.4 Final has been released.
    Uninstalling Previous Spybot-S&D
    Spybot-S&D Version 1.4 Download

Tutorial

Cheers.