Thread: Never pops up-acts like its minimized

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Never pops up-acts like its minimized

I installed runanalyzer-xp pro sp2. When I try to run it it shows up as a bar in my taskbar as if I had opened it and minimized it. However it is not minimized. My only option if I right click on the bar is "close" FYI I also have winpatrol,norton corporate,adaware,spybot loaded if any of that could be interfering.

BTW Thanks for Spybot

Default no popping

I had the same problem and it ended up popping up when I opened runalyzer then opened spybot. Dont know if it would have just ended up popping anyway, but it sure took a long time, so the first time I had to ctrl alt del to get rid of it then the second time i tried to open it I opened Spybot. Immediately after I fired up spybot the runalyzer finally opened.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Normal behavior for it to be minimized at first, give it a few minutes and it will open.

After waiting a few minutes we find CPU usage at 100%, CPU temp starts a rapid climb, Task Manager shows Not Responding and all other apps lock. Have never seen anything but the Taskbar indicator.

XP SP1
    Athlon 3200+
    HMSS Q Section
    Visualise World Righteousness
    Semper Ad Fundum
    SIS is recruiting! (Click for more information)

I had similar,though it finally did pop-up after quite a long time(about 10-15 minutes,as a rough guess.)

There must be something really slowing down when it reads the lists then. I'll integrate a command line parameter that'll force it to measure times and write them to a file, so we can take a look at what exactly takes so long

Edit: next release (quite soon) will have a command line parameter /benchmark. Please run it that way and post the text file created in the RunAlyzer folder here. It'll tell us what exactly took so long.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Sorry, me too
    Stays minimized in Tray, CPU 100%, memuse climbing and climbing
    Task manager shows "Not responding"

Damn was looking forward to this:

NAV, NIS
    BOClean
    PrevX

Any clues?
    Can I help?

Regards

I found Runalyzer was taking so long to start,where I have IE-spyads(and some other things.)I tried removing the sites,and Runalyzer popped right up.Do you have that?I'm not suggesting to remove IE-spyads or the sites from it in your restricted zone permanently,where it helps protect you if you have it,or anything like that(I didn't),but for me that's what it was.

Hmmm ok, the hang is the same as in that topic about PE probably; I found this problem with an undocumented NtQuerySystemInformation call I use for getting information about system handles. I'm still thinking of a way to improve this better; right now I've disabled it for PE, but if this happens on other machines as well, I may make some kind of fail-safe mode
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)