Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never pops up-acts like its minimized

Default Never pops up-acts like its minimized

I installed runanalyzer-xp pro sp2. When I try to run it it shows up as a bar in my taskbar as if I had opened it and minimized it. However it is not minimized. My only option if I right click on the bar is "close" FYI I also have winpatrol,norton corporate,adaware,spybot loaded if any of that could be interfering.

BTW Thanks for Spybot

Default no popping

I had the same problem and it ended up popping up when I opened runalyzer then opened spybot. Dont know if it would have just ended up popping anyway, but it sure took a long time, so the first time I had to ctrl alt del to get rid of it then the second time i tried to open it I opened Spybot. Immediately after I fired up spybot the runalyzer finally opened.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Normal behavior for it to be minimized at first, give it a few minutes and it will open.

After waiting a few minutes we find CPU usage at 100%, CPU temp starts a rapid climb, Task Manager shows Not Responding and all other apps lock. Have never seen anything but the Taskbar indicator.

XP SP1
    Athlon 3200+
    HMSS Q Section
    Visualise World Righteousness
    Semper Ad Fundum
    SIS is recruiting! (Click for more information)

I had similar,though it finally did pop-up after quite a long time(about 10-15 minutes,as a rough guess.)

There must be something really slowing down when it reads the lists then. I'll integrate a command line parameter that'll force it to measure times and write them to a file, so we can take a look at what exactly takes so long

Edit: next release (quite soon) will have a command line parameter /benchmark. Please run it that way and post the text file created in the RunAlyzer folder here. It'll tell us what exactly took so long.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Thumbs up Delayed pop-up

When I first run this program, it shows up in the taskbar minimized, my CPU then goes up to 100% for about 30 seconds, then the program screen comes up, CPU usage drops to about 80% for about another 20 seconds, then CPU usage drops to between 15 and 40% for about another 60 seconds. After that, all is well and CPU usage drops back down to what it was before. Considering the TONS of info you get from this program, an acceptable wait imho. One question though, it was not able to identify company information for some of the programs I have running on my machine, is it possible to make some provision for a user to add their own description of a running process if they know what it is? Some developers don't always tag their software properly, so this may be another way for us, the users, to give a little back to help out the devs of this app. Anyhow, keep up the great work and many thanks for all of the wonderful software you have put out. Spybot absolutely ROCKS! Oh, btw, i'm running an Win XP SP2, an AMD 1800+ w/ 1.25G ram, 250G HD, NVidia FX5200, SoundBlaster Live and a no name 802.11G wireless card. I hope this info helps someone out!

No /benchmark?No text file showed in the Runalyzer folder.

I ran it:
    start,run:
    "C:\Program Files\Safer Networking\RunAlyzer\RunAlyzer.exe" /benchmark
    ,is that right?

Also,the floppy drive comes on when I start runalyzer,and I wanted to ask if that was normal.

With Kerio,avg, and teatimer shutdown it takes about ten minutes to start.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-03-03 at 03:22.

Sorry, me too
    Stays minimized in Tray, CPU 100%, memuse climbing and climbing
    Task manager shows "Not responding"

Damn was looking forward to this:

NAV, NIS
    BOClean
    PrevX

Any clues?
    Can I help?

Regards