Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to enable jump to location details.

Default How to enable jump to location details.

If anyone could help me enable this setting I'd appreciate it.

After running in firefox when surfing, and then running spybot, after it detects usual tracking cookies I get this kind of description (e.g.):

Tracking cookie [firefox default]
    Firefox default: .Advertising.com [BASE]

I cannot find such cookies in the firefox applications cache nor in the IE cookies or cache.

When I highlight the detected malware, and right click, one que that pops up is: “more details”. When activated it shows “jump to location". But nothing happens when “jump to location" is clicked, so I assume I have not enabled that function in Spybot to be able to see each cookie's exact location.

Obviously, it has to do with "firefox default". But the "jump to location" does not operate so I do not know what its actual location is.

All help is appreciated in advance, Diligent

I think you have to click the plus sign,then highlight what is selected below,then select jump to location.,But,when I looked on mine,the jump to location on a cookie didn't work either,but it did jump for something besides cookies.(I used to find I had to sometimes click jump to location twice,first time opens regedit,second time takes you to the location.)So,I'd guess Jump to location just takes you to the location on some things.

Those are some possible explanations. I'll try them out. Can't remember if I highlighted the general cookie entry of the specific one.

Thanks for that input. Diligent.

You're welcome. Btw,this shows how to block third-party cookies,if you would like to have a look:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/37.html
    You might already have that set in firefox,but I thought I'd throw the link on here,just in case.

changed the FF settings. Thx. Today I got a new (latest download) spybot "adware" show up. It is 3B Software Registry Repair. How do I find out why it is "adware" and what it does?

Thanks, Diligent

You're welcome.
    If you haven't fixed 3B Software Registry Repair yet,if you highlight it with your mouse after a scan,then over to the right,click the section with the two arrows,Spybot may have a description of it.

Explaritive, explaritive.

I hung on to this 3B prog for a a very short while, just wondering. But my trust in spybot overcame me and I got rid of 3B (It worked, but not for too much of anything after I had found better registry fix progs. But I do I have the prog in the spybot recovery zip file though.

I had/have longstanding continuing web connection interference probs, that I could not for the life of me discover where they arose from. This is why I NEED to know about why 3B Registry Repair was really adware all along that had caused this problem.

Right now I run without any up front (e.g. firewall etc.) protection because if I do (at least in the past) I simply cannot run my system, as though there were a malware/virus, that slowed my system down to the point it was fully or near useless, but no such prog was detectable, that is until now being that maybe 3B Software Registry Repair was the cause of it all-along.

Any ideas from here? I do not dare to enable (e.g. firewals etc.). My system just slows to a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl, or does not connect to the web at all, thus useless, so I made it bare bones, and used an array of registry, malware and virus post-fact, and other, fixes.

I would sure like to know why 3B was decided to be adware by spybot.

I think 3B may have been the cause. But do not know why, if so.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thx, Diligent

It's hard to give you a description of why 3B Software Registry Repair is detected as adware,since it's very new and it doesn't seem to be listed as bad in very many places.

It would be best if your question was answered by someone that decided on what is detected,but I'm unsure if any would be available right now,as it's now the weekend.

However,in a description I see within Spybot,it says that the demo version of
    3B Software Registry Repair installs a desktop link without user consent.
    Also,when I went to the website to see 3B Software Registry Repair,a box popped when I tried to exit the page,wanting me to talk to a "live agent",etc,and I had a hard time getting the heck out of there,and Spybot's description says a little about that,too.So,I'd imagine that is why 3B Software Registry Repair is being detected.

Right now I run without any up front (e.g. firewall etc.) protection because if I do (at least in the past) I simply cannot run my system, as though there were a malware/virus, that slowed my system down to the point it was fully or near useless, but no such prog was detectable, that is until now being that maybe 3B Software Registry Repair was the cause of it all-along.

Any ideas from here? I do not dare to enable (e.g. firewals etc.). My system just slows to a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl, or does not connect to the web at all, thus useless, so I made it bare bones, and used an array of registry, malware and virus post-fact, and other, fixes.
    Not real good not to have a firewall and other protection,though I can see your dilemma.If you think these problems are caused by malware,you could get help in the malware removal forum.
    The instructions are here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

I suppose that I can try the bug finding possible solution. But really do not think this is it, unless it is a yet unknown bug (e.g. 3B prog).

It seems more like an internal web site connection prob. After a very full ultra clean (malare/virus bigs, registry clean/fix, even Mru fixes, and defrag (also system file cures), when I dialup engages OK, my puter takes about ohh 4-5 minutes to engage and load FF. After that (not always) everything works fine, unless I allow my cache to load up (say over 1.5 mg) then my web connections begin to slow down corresponding to the increase in cache MB's.

So unless it was the 3B prog, its a prob with my internal connections with respect to when site data downloading, when connecting to a web site.

Have I got the idea across Zenobia?

Thanks, Diligent.

From the description of it,I'd doubt that the 3B Program would cause problems like that,though I don't know for sure,of course.

If not a malware issue,perhaps a forum more geared towards pc troubleshooting would be your best bet.