Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to enable jump to location details.

Does anyone know of any forums like that?

I know of a couple.But,actually,thinking on it,I thought pcpitstop's automated tests might help give you suggestions,I find them useful.
    http://pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp

You do not have a firewall enabled,do you have an antivirus?To be perfectly honest,and I'm not trying to be mean,if you don't have either,I think you're a sitting duck.

And while Spybot can detect a lot of things,no one antispyware can detect all things,so if you suspect your problems may be malware-related,then you still might want to consider posting in malware removal,instead.

I agree, that mu puter is a sitting duck so to speak. It was a choice between being able to operate my puter at all or have a running progs protection.

Such firewall, antivrus progs effected the operation of mu puter in the same way an unwanted malware prog did. Basically took extra control over the operation of the puter, with the result that my puter was so slooooooooooow connecting to and loading from a web site (especially pictures/images), or failed to connect, I set up a complete ultra clean system and took out running progs, and eventually made sure the cache was relatively clean.

That was, my puter pops into high gear, so I know its the extra load or draw on my system resources that causes the prob. I do not know how many people I have talked to that have a puter that say its so slow that they dont use it, or cant use it. So dont think I am alone, but I did find at least one solution that worked.

I can sure try pit stop. Did once, but when finnialy I noticed that it set up a program that stayed in my system (not just in temp etc) that bothered me in that it looked like just one more draw on my resources.

I can give it a try though. Thanks, Diligent.

I've never had anything like that from running the tests at pcpitstop.Maybe an activeX control.
    There's a page on general slowness here:
    http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/m...wcomputer.html