Thread: Number of bad products blocked

Default Number of bad products blocked

For a few weeks the number of bad prods. blocked when Immunizing was listed as 20400 +, then when checked it dropped back to 17400 +... and now today, after the 4-18-07 updates it says 17600. Not a problem, per se, but curious. Anyone else notice this ?
    Haven't visited the Forum for a while, so maybe I missed something ?
    Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Are you running in a Windows XP system with multiple users? If so logon onto another user using quick switch (switch user) then immunize again. Your count should go from 17600 to 20884 (if you are logged onto two Computer administrator accounts) because the second user's HKEY_USERS registry hive has been loaded and is being immunized also.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-04-19 at 17:44.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Bad products...

Thanks, Spybot Fan !!
    How very simple...why didn't I think of that... "Officially" 2 users, sometimes check for updates on either. Guess I just assumed that one download of updates would apply to the "whole thing". From now on, I'll check the status of Spybot for both users after updates. Can't believe I did that...
    Thanks again, I DID learn something...

after reading this post ı looked at my immunization page and ı saw that 17600 products are blocked but there is only one user on my computer. is there any other solution for this?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj.turkmaster View Post
    after reading this post ı looked at my immunization page and ı saw that 17600 products are blocked but there is only one user on my computer. is there any other solution for this?
    dj.turkmaster:

"Solution"?

I personally don't think that there is a problem to solve!

17600 is correct full immunization count on a Windows XP system with one (1) "Computer administrator" account after the updates of 2007-04-18.

After the updates of 2007-04-18 Spybot immunization actually:
    • Blocks the storing of cookies from 140 sites.
    • Blocks the download/execution of 970 ActiveX scripts.
    • Places 3206 sites in the restricted zone.
      • 3136 by domain (site name)
      • 70 by range (IP Address).

That is a total of 4316.

All of these restrictions are added to the system registry. During immunization, Spybot places some of these 4316 restrictive registry entries in multiple registry hives (if available) and counts the entries being added to the registry in the total of "xxxxx bad products are now blocked". Therefore, the counts vary among different Windows OSs and within those particular OSs depending on the number of user accounts being immunized.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

thank you for your answer. I misunderstood the message. I thought that spybot should have immunized 20884 not 17600. thank you for your interest.