Thread: Smitfraud, Spybot, and Smitfraudfix

Unhappy Smitfraud, Spybot, and Smitfraudfix

i noticed that i had smitfraud on spybot. of course, i tried to fix it, and it comes back in a second. i researched it online and they said to get smitfraudfix and i did. but theres a problem. i have other viruses that take up cmd.exe, so i cant open the file! it says "another program is currently using cmd.exe. so what do i do? this is very annoying, please help. i also got the vungo thing, but no luck. please help!

P.S. also the task manager doesnt open when i press control+alt+delete. is this smitfraud or another virus??

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Consider posting in the Malware Removal forum and having someone take a look at your system. Follow the instructions here:

After completing those steps, start a new thread (topic) in the following forum (making sure to include the HijackThis log and online scan logs produced from the instructions above):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

9901712 has posted in the Malware Removal forum:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.