Thread: Spybot and Windows Registry Repair Pro

Default Spybot and Windows Registry Repair Pro

Recently Spybot scans have been identifying Windows Registry Repair Pro (3B Software) for removal. I have been using these two programs for some time and this has only recently started to happen. The first time I removed Windows Registry Repair Pro in error but now deselect the items. However, I would like to know why this is happening?

After Spybot detects that,there may be more info if you click the grey button over to the right(it has two blue arrows and dots in the middle.)
    Also,have a look:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...51&postcount=8
    (it's from this thread) :
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=13016
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-05-13 at 21:37.

Thank you for your advice. I have read the two links.

I am not running the demo version of Windows Registry Repair Pro (I purchased the software some time ago), nor do I have a desktop link to Smiley Central, nor am I being bothered by a 'live chat' or warning messages.

The two programs (Spybot and Windows Registry Repair Pro) have lived happily together on my computer for many many months and Spybot has only just (in the past month) started to object to Windows Registry Repair Pro.

When I uninstalled Windows Registry Repair Pro in error recently - because of the Spybot scan - I reinstalled it from the link given me by 3B Software, using the username and password given.
    Last edited by alvis; 2007-05-14 at 17:31. Reason: Mistake in text

Exclamation Why I uninstalled Reg Repair Pro

A couple of years back I purchased Reg Rep Pro.
    All seemed to work fine but curiousity then got the better of me and I used the Defrag option hoping it had a similar function to Windows defrag...fasting running etc.... BIG mistake! I had to reinstall Windows !!!

Also Spybot flagged RRPro for removal which I did, and of course the program was deleted so I too emailes 3B for a new user/pass, which they obliged.

But recently 2 things came to my attention which prompted me to uninstall RRPro.

1) I read their privacy policy at http://www.repairregistrypro.com/privacy.html
    (yes I know I should've done this before buying)
    Para's 2 & 3 make interesting reading.

2) I visited SpywareSignatures
    hxxx://spywaresignatures.com/details.php?spyware=registryrepairpro
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-05-04 at 08:21. Reason: disabled another link