Thread: teatimer popup problem - really annoying

Default teatimer popup problem - really annoying

Hi, I just changed the xp "style" to windows classic, and now there is a row of popups from teatimer covering the entire right side of the screen.
    The message is "resident allowed the change of scrnsave.exe based on user whitelist."
    A new box is appearing every second or so, and they are all saying the same thing.
    If I kill teatimer it stops (obviously), but it restarts the second I start teatiemr again.
    I changed back to xp style, but it hasn't made any difference.

While this is happening, teatimer's icon has become useless, in that I cannot click on anything before the menu disappears, and a new teatimer popup appears.
    I figured the best way to stop this would be to edit the allow list in settings, but I cannot access it
    I had a look around in spybots program files, and also in the various application data folders, but I cannot find where it is stored.
    If anyone can tell me what file that data is stored in, I'd be very grateful, I've had to kill teatimer for the time being, until I can get this sorted. Thanks, argus

Hello,

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshot was taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:

* Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
    o TeaTimer closes.
    o TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.
    * Restart TeaTimer:
    o Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    o Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

If you periodically recycle TeaTimer the problem will be diminished but not necessarily totally eliminated. As an alternative you can periodically just shut down TeaTimer as outlined above without restarting it just prior to shutting down the system to refresh the snapshot files.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

It might stop the pop-ups if you go to Tools->Resident,uncheck Teatimer,then reboot,and then go back in to recheck it.

If that doesn't work,you could go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes and what you're looking for should be RegKeyWhite.sbe.

Oops...where'd you come from?lol

Hi, and thanks for your replies

It seems to have fixed itself, I just had to leave teatimer disabled for a few hours, I then ran it again, got one popup about the same thing, but no more

Thanks again, I would mark it resolved, or fixed or whatever, but I can't edit posts.

Glad it`s fixed.