Thread: TeaTimer, denies registry change

Question TeaTimer, denies registry change

Whenever the box pops up with the 'registry change' there is a square blank box near the bottom of the screen. Next to it there is the button labeled, remember this decision.Whether I put a check mark in the box or not, I always get the pop-up message: registry change denied.

My question is this: How do I allow a registry change? For example if I want to change my home Page. I always get the 'registry change' denied. Thus I'm unable to change my home page.
    Last edited by ChrisS; 2007-05-25 at 23:34.

That is a bug in Teatimer 1.4.Please see here for fixes/workarounds:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=13652

If you click Teatimer's close box(the red x),it will deny the change,so that may be why you were getting so many registry change denied`s happening.But,since you had remember this decision checkmarked sometimes,you might want to edit your Black & White list,in case there are things in there that you don`t want automatically denied(or Allowed.)If you remove anything from that list,Teatimer will ask you to Allow or Deny the change,the next time it encounters it again.

To remove an entry from the Black &White list,rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.
    You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one until you find the item(s) you want to remove. Then click the black X beside the item to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Sorry
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-05-26 at 00:33.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Slow typing,md?

Default TeaTimer, denies

Thanks Zenobia.
    I kind of suspected that the 'allow registry change button' might be missing, at least in my version of SpyBot S&D, Tea Timer.

I kept reading and re-reading the instructions over and over to see if I might have missed something. I even reinstalled Spybot several times, yet I got he same results every time. I should have come here and asked my question months ago. Well, live and learn.

But what an easy fix. Just press A on my keyboard, to allow a registry change. That works for me just fine.

You're welcome.