Thread: hi there

Default hi there

So what are these entires and which ones are the bad and how do I remove for good?I was wonderng how do I keep the following from showng in my registry:
    AntiVirusDisableNotify
    AntiVirusOverride
    FirewallDisableNotify
    FirewallOverride
    UpdatesDisableNotify

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

speedy45:

If you have questions concerning detections in the future, please post a log of the actual detections you are getting. To do that:
    • Run a scan.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results into the forum thread.

For these detections:
    • Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallOverride: Settings
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride!=dword:0
    • Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0

I suggest that you go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > look at the right hand side of the window and check the settings under "Firewall" and "Virus Protection" (expanding if necessary). I believe that you have overridden the protections and that you will find a button labeled "Recommendations". If you click on the "Recommendations" button I believe that you will get a window that indicates something like:
    • I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself.

and
    • I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself.

Note: with these setting Windows won't monitor your firewall and virus protection status and won't send you alerts if they are off or out of date.

For these detections:
    • Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0
    • Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.UpdateDisableNotify: Settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify!=dword:0
    • Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

Go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Resources (on the left hand side of the window – expand if necessary) > click "Change the way Security Center alerts me". This brings up an "Alert Setting" window.

There are three possible alerts:
    • Firewall
      Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my firewall settings
    • Automatic Updates
      Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my Automatic Updates settings
    • Virus Protection
      Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my virus protection software settings
    I think that you will find that they are all turned off. With these alerts turned off you will not receive alerts from Windows.

What firewall and anti-virus are you running? Did you intentionally disable the above features within Windows Security Center?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.