Thread: My computer, my choice.......

Default My computer, my choice.......

Would someone kindly tell me how I can remove the restricted site block that Spybot has placed on the net-integration website?

Spybot restricts access to websites by adding web addresses to the Internet Explorer restricted zones. All you have to do is go into the restricted zones section of your Internet Options, and remove the site you want to visit from the list.

Also, these settings only apply to Internet Explorer, so if your are using an alternative web browser (such as Opera or Firefox), then you will be able to access the site.

You can also visit the site in a web proxy, such as PHProxy.org.

hi,

there are also the hosts entries that can be added with Spybot S&D, if you added this in the advanced mode, you can select the hosts you want to unblock and delete them from the blocked hosts list.

Hosts that are redirected to the localhost via the hosts file cannot be accessed when the host name needs to be resolved (you can still go there by directly entering the correct ip address). That means that all webbrowsers are affected. Only some Microsoft hosts are exceptions to this.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Hello,
    You said those sites can be accessed by other browsers than IE. I use Opera and I cant access net-integration (whatever that is, its in my bookmarks).

Edit: It came to my attention because spybot found it in my opera bookmarks. From what I read in the forum here, its a "bad" site :S. I must have confused their forum for a spybot support one? Weird.
    Last edited by viruswitch; 2007-06-01 at 22:49.