Thread: Problems since downloading new version

Default Problems since downloading new version

My home page has changed since I downloaded the new version yesterday.
    It also keeps removing Windows Registry Repair Pro (3B) from my pc.
    Please help!

Hello,

We need more datails.
    Which homepage do you have now?
    Which one did you have before?

About Registry Repair Pro:
    The reasons why Spybot - Search & Destroy detects this software as malware are several ones:
    There are anti-spyware tools like 1stAntivirus, AdArmor, Ad-Protect, AdsAlert, ADS-Remover, AdwareAlert, AdwareBazooka, Adware-Patrol, AdWare Pro, AdwarePunisher, Adware Remover, AdwareSheriff, AdwareSpy, AdwareX Eliminator, AgentSpyware, Alfacleaner, AntispywareBot, Antispywaresoldier, AntiSpyWare2007, AntiVerMinsPro, Antivirus Gold, AntiVirusPro, BPS Spyware Remover, BreakSpyware, Contra-Spy, CyberDefender, DiaRemover, Doctor-Adware-Pro, DriveCleaner2006, Easy-Spyware-Killer, ErrorGuard, Error-Killer, EDT-Security-Scanner, ErrorSafe, EyeSpyNow, ExpertAntivirus, FixerAntispy, Goodbye-Spy, KillSpy, MacroVirus, MalwareAlarm, MalwareBot, MalwareWipe, MrAntispy, MySpyProtector, Neospace-Internet-Security, NoAdware, Pal-Spyware-Remover, PC-Health-Plan, Pestbot, PestCapture, PSGuard, PurityScan, Registry Cleaner, RegSweep, Repair Registry Pro, ScanSpyware, Spionfrei, SpyAnalyst, SpyAxe, SpyBlocs, SpyCleaner, Spycontra, SpyDawn, Spydeface, SpyDefence, SpyDestroy-Pro, SpyFalcon, SpyGuard, SpyHeal, Spyhunter, SpyLocked, SpyMarshall, SpyOfficer, SpyOnThis, SpySherrif, SpySoap, SpySpotter, SpyVampire, SpywareBomber, SpywareBot, SpywareCleaner, SpywareNO!, SpyWareRemover, SpyWare-Secure, SpywareSheriff.FakeAlert, SpywareSoftStop, SpywareStormer, SpywareStrike, SpywareQuake, SpyQuake, SysRegistryCleaner, SystemDoctor2006, Trek Blue Error Nuker, Trojan-Guarder, TrueSword, Virusblast, VirusBurst, VirusRescue, WareOut, WinAntivirusPro2006, WinFixer, WinHound, WinSoftware.WinAntiSpyware2006, WinSoftware.WinAntiVirus2006, WorldAntispy, X-Con-Spyware-Destroyer, X-Spyware, XSRemover, YourSoft-AntiVS or YourSoft-AntiVT which have a very dubious or bad character. They state to be an anti-spyware tool but employ questionable advertising methods: In the form of a PopUp they offer a scan of your system. They refer you to an infection of viruses and spyware on your system which is actually not true, because the listed items are not really on your pc. After downloading the software you can only scan for the threats. If the threats (pseudo-infections) are detected you have to register first and pay (up to $30) in order to remove them. Some of these dubious anti-spyware tools do also create a toolbar in IE and create recurring PopUps.

Screenshots are availible at: http://board.protecus.de/showtopic.php?threadid=15694

More dubious anti-spyware tools you will find here:
    http://spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks Sandra,
    I had Cloud Eight as my home page and it changed to Yahoo.
    Should I uninstall Registry Repair Pro? I've been using it for over a year now.

Hello,

Probably you have something new installed from yahoo?
    A taskbar or something?
    Some products set their homepage as starting page but you can change that.

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Tools' - 'Browser pages' from the navigation bar on the left.
    There, please search for the entry with the unwanted starting pages.
    Mark it and click "Change" (in the bar at the top).
    Then type your wanted starting page like www.google.de or perhaps about:blank.
    Now go to 'Tools'->'IE Tweaks'. There you'll see a group of Recommended miscellaneous locks.
    Untick the checkboxes in front of both Lock IE... options.
    You may need to close all Explorer windows, and maybe even restart Windows before these changes take place.

We recommend to unistall Registry Repair Pro.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Oh dear - ok I'll uninstall Registry Repair (money down the drain!)
    Thanks for the rest - I'll print it out and try it.

I'm just curious why Registry Repair wasn't picked up in my scans before? Only the last month or so?
    Last edited by tiny1950; 2007-06-05 at 14:29.