Thread: How can I back up updates?

Question How can I back up updates?

Hello,

I am a desktop support person in my office and I wanted to know the best way to backup updates for Spybot to put in a flash drive, instead of updating a computer when I work on it. Can I just copy over the update folder from the Safer Networking folder after I have ran an update and replace it with another user's out of date folder?

Hello,

Please download the update file on another computer, copy these to a CD and then install and run it on the other computers:
    Update file: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_includes.exe

If you want to copy the settings to other computers, first of all, please install Spybot-S&D on your admin account and adjust your settings. Then copy the "configuration ini". It depends on your windows version, where to find it.
    Windows 95/98: C:\Windows\Applicationfile\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Applicationfile\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    Windows NT/2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicationfile\Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Now go to the Spybot-S&D program directory, you will find this at: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy, and delete the "(default) configuration.ini". Then insert the copied "configuration.ini" and rename it in "(default) configuration.ini". If you now start Spybot-S&D from the different user accounts, the program generates the "Configuration.ini" for each user from the "(default) configuration.ini".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot