Thread: Spybot brings computer to near halt.

Default Spybot brings computer to near halt.

After initially installing spybot as recommeneded by Yahoo, I ran the registry back up and the program froze. I re-started and at the point of scanning for bots it slowed down to a complete crawl and ran cpu usage up to 100% at the point of " Running Bot Check 66930/66930 Internet Explorer Administrator Bookmark" I finally had to close the program via task manager which showed the program to be "not responding" This happened 3 times before I gave up on it. Zone Alarm Spyware software is just as up to date and it doesn't have this problem. Seems someone is writing software which uses too many resources to try and run correctly.

Hello,

Some users have reported this problem and we are working on a solution.
    But we weren't able to recreate the problem yet. Probably it is a compatibility problem.
    Can you please tell us some details - which other antispyware/antivirus solutions you are using.
    Perhaps the problem is with Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware or Avast.
    If you do have this softwares please try to deactivate their resident shield temporarely during the scan with Spybot.

Further did you close all other applications while scanning with Spybot - Search & Destroy?
    Did you also made a scan in safe mode?
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot