Thread: Deleted Posts?

Default Deleted Posts?

So instead of flooding a forum with posts, I'll often check to see if someone has the same problem as me. I found someone with the same problem, someone had offered to help them, and then I posted with "I have this problem too - does that offer extend to helping me?" With a few more details about my problem.

The next day, my post had been deleted. So I posted to the same thread again, saying pretty much the same thing. At that point I actually thought I'd screwed up with the first post.

Then today I received an e-mail notice that someone had replied. Excited, I went to the forum, only to find that my post had once again been deleted (I don't know how long ago) and the new post was just saying that the thread was being closed due to lack of activity.

A quick forum search asserts that there are no posts by me, so I KNOW I've been deleted - I'm not confusing threads or anything. Now I've since fixed my problem by formatting my computer, but is this how a forum should work?!? Did I do something wrong?!?

T

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

drokkon:

The procedure for posting in the Malware Removal forum is here:

It outlines scans that you must individually do before posting and also states:

• Please do NOT post in another member's topic, it will be removed...usually without comment.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Well I've got egg on my face.

Thanks,

T

Safe surfing.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016