Thread: Secure Shredder Fails

Default Secure Shredder Fails

After the last updated that included thousands of new immunizations etc. The secure shredder under tools section fails to work. It says the files have been deleted and shredded, but they are not. I know it was the last update because I took an image of the program directory just made before the problem and replaced the program directory. All Worked well, back to normal. THEN, ran the latestes updates again and things are broke again. Anyone else tried the shredder since the last updates to see if it works ?.

Default Solution

I found that I now have to unselct that tool then reselect it to get it to work. Small annoyance, but can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat2105 View Post
    I found that I now have to unselct that tool then reselect it to get it to work. Small annoyance, but can live with it.
    I can't get it to work. All files are selected and have a green check mark next to them and when I click on "Chop it away!" the little box pops up and askes if that's what I want to do, I select YES and it does nothing.

What's next?
    Thanx

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

cesareDH:

You evidently are using an old version of Spybot. The Secure Shredder was removed from Spybot 1.5, but will probably be put back. See:

The only thing that I can suggest in the mean time is to try to shred less at one time.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.