Thread: black list processes unavailable

Default black list processes unavailable

When I right click the icon in the system tray, it says that 1172 processes have been blacklisted - yet when I look on the settings under blocked processes, nothing exists - it's blank.

Why?

Hello,

You will only have entries in that list if you have marked "remember this decision" when you choose to deny an entry.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default I have made that selection...

...on multiple files that appear as prompts, but the field is still blank.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

John

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

"Blocked processes" is only populated if you have received a TeaTimer process termination dialog and answered with "Automatically kill this process".

If you are getting TeaTimer registry change dialogs and are doing a "Deny change" with a "Remember this decision" the information would be stored under "Blocked registry changes" of TeaTimer's "White & Black List".

TeaTimer's process termination dialog reads:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy has encountered and terminated a process that is listed as part of a malicious software.
    TeaTimer's registry change dialog reads:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.
    I believe that the "1172 processes blacklisted" refers to the number of different processes that will be terminated if they try to start in your system. This list of processes is internal and not accessible.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-06-12 at 07:57.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.