Thread: bitdefender told me to uninstall you

Exclamation bitdefender told me to uninstall you

hello again havent been on for a while
    I thought you would need to know
    Ive been having some spam troubles with bit defenders antispam
    (spam has been leaking through) and I called their support nice chaps

and they asked me to create a log file a screenshot and ini file so they could anylise my computer in their lab to better understand the problem after a few days I got back to them and to my shock they said to try uninstalling spybot search and destroy and see if that solves the problem

I asked how would this effect my computer because I thought anti virus and anti spyware are spose to get along

their responce was that having teatimer and their scanners running at the sametime could create conflict or cause the system to crash due to the same files being scanned
    (what this has to do with their spamfilter leaking is beyond me)

so I asked them what else did their lab pick up any other conflicts and they said no only spybot is inconpatible with our product

I was shocked by this because Ive used bitdefender 9 plus with spybot for years with no troubles now that Im trialing 10 they complain
    is this turning into another one of those norton or trendmicro things?

I thought perhaps others could shead some light on this
    teamspybot did you have any idea of this why is it happening and whose next??

I have a couple of suggestions that may work.

1) Some Anti-Virus, spyware etc. programs scan anything and everything that is added to the hard drive either by installing or pasting, so if you have any, it may have blocked a file from being installed to the hard drive. Thus you'd need to reinstall the program again without it running.
    2) Some of these AV programs will block programs that they think may be spyware or other risks. One of these may be blocking a file that is needed to run the program. Here you would need to check the AV software to see if it will stop programs from running (one of which is Comodo Anti-Virus). If it does, see if you can find a list of the programs that it stops, then look for the program there.

thanks for the advise prosario But after a bit of research Ive found the problem goes a little deeper then that

Ill try to post in later