Thread: Why won't Spybot actually fix problems found?

Default Why won't Spybot actually fix problems found?

Hi. I'm new here, so if I say something stupid, then give me a break. thanx.

So I've been running spybot the last few years on my computer, and this same problem has always existed. I have even had to get a new hard drive and wipe my hard drive because of mechanical errors with my computer, and still I download SSD and it does the same things.

What i'm talking about is this. I update to the all the latest upgrades of SSD and I immunize. Immunize is cool... w/e. Then I will "check for problems" and Spybot will usually find a number of problems with stuff. On almost all occasions that it has ever found problems and "corrected" them, those same problems are still there the next time I fix them. It doesn't matter if I scan the very next minute or the next time I update. I think this is pretty retarded. What's the point of having a program to find and fix problems if it only says that it has fixed them but hasn't done anything. this is stupid.

on a side note, however, I suppose the immunization works find. to this day it has found something close to 30,000 bad products. is this a lot? idk. however I am confused how it is that spybot can have the same number of bad products for my computer even after I had to get a new hard drive or after I had the hard drive wiped. to me, that doesn't make any sense.

Thanx in advance for the help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

In order to answer your question concerning the problems that are reoccurring you'll have to tell us what those problems are. Please post a log of the actual detections you are getting. To do that:
    • Run another scan.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.

Immunization doesn't find anything. It places entries in the system's registry to block cookies from some sites, places other sites in the restricted zone and blocks the download/execution of selected ActiveX scripts. The counts would be the same whether or not it was a new or old disk.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Omg

OMG, my computer is doing this to. The problems i fix dont get fixed. I have this stupid contra virus 2.0 on, when i dont want it on and it contains spyware. Please help me.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Wizit has posted in the Malware Removal forum:

They just keep coming!!!!!
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-06-17 at 00:00. Reason: Removed link as now it won't work because of removal, sorry.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Wizit's duplicates and a post in another's malware topic were removed.

This is now his topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...5508#post95508
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016