Thread: Not saving changes?

Default Not saving changes?

I'll assume that this is already a known issue, but RunAlyzer version 0.6.8.3 is not saving any changes I make to my startup items on my Windows XP machine. I only have one XP machine (my other desktop is XP x64 & Vista x64 dual-boot), so I can't test it to see if it always happens, or if it's a product of my setup on this machine.

Also, can a command-line argument be added to RunAlyzer that tells it not to check Internet Explorer's restricted zones? Or maybe a command line argument that tells RunAlyzer to run in a "lite mode". I hate sitting there for several minutes just to check my startup config.

Are you an administrator? I just tested this on my Vista machine and without being an admin, it had some problems. I fixed that and tested some more, to make it "Works with Windows Vista"

Regarding the "lite mode", there's something I did add a few weeks ago - the new version (0.7.1) has a splash dialog on startup that lets you choose what exactly you want to do (work will start in the background and the dialog will automatically disappear if you do not choose anything). This version also has a command line parameter /speedy
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

The user who's profile I was running RunAlyzer under had administrative rights. I'm not sure what the problem was. I'll have to try version 0.7.1 on that computer and see how it does.

I do like the new update. I have used it on my Vista x64 install, and on a customer's Windows XP install, and I love the new splash screen. Being able to select the "speedy" option makes things go so much faster when troubleshooting startup items.