Thread: UPdate ERROR when starting SBS&D

Default UPdate ERROR when starting SBS&D

I too have had this exact problem not for days, months, but; for several years, off and on. Did an uninstall, again as this has been tried before, downloaded SS&D along with the latest 'includes', yesterday, 30 September, 2012. Installed same and the very first time run the updates window just flashed upon the screen and did not give a chance to see what was needed to do an update nor to even tell there was 'no newer update available'. Just 'flash' on the screen, depends on how fast your computer is and what O/S you are using as to how long that will display.

Ran the program yesterday and got the "Congratulations no problems found" and waited 'til this morn to run again. Same 'flash' when starting up so ignore and charge forward. The same "Congratulations . ." screen came up. Personally I use the "Advanced Mode" under the Menu bar Mode, then went to the left panel, "Settings, Web update, Search the web for new versions at each program start" Un-Check this box then check the next one down, "Remind me to look for updates at program start" to assist you in keeping up to latest date. This may not be the way you want to run the program, but; it is how it should be done until the next version is released, version 2.0.xx if it is working better. Any other you may need or want in this area should be checked.

Close it down, then restart and you will not get the 'flashy' window, but; a message box telling you, "no newer version is available" and awaits your click to close and proceed to open and prepare to scan.

Thank you for reading my message and hope you have all of the luck I have had since doing just what is discribed above

Hello,

That can happen if there are no newer updates.
    There are only updates once a week, usually on Wednesdays.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Thank you . .

It seems to only occur when that one box is checked under Web update. Was just letting another know how I managed this issue.

I presume that message at the bottom of your post is just a part of your signature, I do not advertise for anyone.
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2012-10-01 at 18:29. Reason: Added last line