Thread: Spybot Cookies & Increasing in Number?

Default Spybot Cookies & Increasing in Number?

I clear cookies after surfing in IE7 or in Firefox, yet another program (SpySweeper) has consistently shown a quantity of 4 in the Cookies field after its sweep--until today (!) when the number of Cookies found jumped to 6, and for a while I couldn't find where these cookies came from, then after clicking Start and then Search I entered the word "Cookie" and searched Files and Folders and found all sorts of cookies associated with Spybot!

What does this mean--is Spybot or a 3rd party pretending to be Spybot adding Cookies? I apologize I for not understanding file types, and ask does anyone know if these are bad files or legitimate Spybot files not to place Cookies, but to find them? Can I delete them? Here are the names of the files that have the word Spybot and Cookies in them:

Cookies.sbe (a Spyware exclude file in Documents and Settings)
    Cookies.sbi (a Spyware include file in Program Files)
    Cookies.sbs (a Spyware supplement in Program Files)
    Cookies.sbi (a second Spyware include file, this one ends with \Updates\includes.zip)
    Cookies.sbs (a second Spyware supplement, this one ends with \Updates\includes.zip)

Thanks - CL

No,you shouldn't delete them.They're all legitimate Spybot files.If you follow this path:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes
    there will be a file named Cookies and a lot of other files that have a .sbi or .sbs extension.If you have the extensions hidden and would like to see them(this might depend on what operating system you have),up top,hit Tools,Folder Options,hit the View tab,uncheck 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types',click Apply,then ok.Then you should see the Cookies.sbi,etc.You can rehide the extensions by going back and rechecking 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types'

The one in Documents and Settings is probably hidden,but don't worry,it's supposed to be there,and is a legitimate part of Spybot.

Default Thanks

Thanks for fast and clear response.

You're welcome.