Thread: Problem with uninstalling.

Thumbs down Problem with uninstalling.

Well, when I installed SS&D, I installed Teatimer. Is there a way I cna uninstall this? Also I tried uninstalling Spybotsearch and destroy but.. when I open the uninstall application, it tells me i'm missing this file...
    C:\Programs Files\Spybot&Destroy\Unins000.dat
    ...help me uninstall this program please.

Send the help reply to..

or just reply here.
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-06-23 at 04:35. Reason: Removed email address

You might want to exit Teatimer before uninstalling.Just rightclick Teatimer down by the clock,and select exit.Teatimer should uninstall with the rest of Spybot when you uninstall.You also can uncheck sdhelper->click the immunization page,then uncheck the checkmark beside 'Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer.'

Then,you can follow this page,to uninstall by hand,since you're getting that error.
    http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html

If you want to completely get rid of Spybot-S&D 1.4 (also earlier versions) and the Add/Remove doesn't help, you can delete the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\), then download this very small fix and execute it (important! - this will remove all remains from the registry) (this also applies to earlier versions).

If you just want to upgrade to a newer version, please follow the same instructions like above and then install the new version.

After following these instructions please restart your system so that the changes can take place.

Also, neither the automated uninstall nor the manual uninstall like described above will remove the following directories, which you will have to remove by hand:

* Windows 95 or 98: C:\Windows\Aplication Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

On the other hand,if you'd like to just stop using Teatimer,without uninstalling Spybot,you could go to Mode,then Advanced Mode,then click Tools,then Resident and uncheck Resident "Teatimer".Then,if you'd like to put Spybot back to default mode,just return to Mode,and select Default Mode.