Thread: Lots of Registry Inconsistencies as Limited Acct but OK when changed to Admin Acct

Default Lots of Registry Inconsistencies as Limited Acct but OK when changed to Admin Acct

There are 2 accounts in our pc, my account(Admin) & my wife's(Limited) account. When I scan for registry inconsistencies using System Internals of Spybot on my account...no inconsistencies. Then I'll log-off my account and log-in to my wife's account and scan for inconsistencies...lots of inconsistencies. Then I'll log-off my wife's account and go back to my Admin account...re-scan for inconsistencies...still no inconsistencies. Then I'll change first my wife's account to Admin and next I'll change my Admin account to Limited. Then I'll log-off my account. Log-in again in my now Limited Account...re-scan for inconsistencies and there'll be lots already(as many inconsistencies as when I scan my wife's limited account prior). Why the appearrance of inconsistencies when an Admin account is changed to a Limited account? Now to continue...I'll then log-off my Limited account and log-in to my wife's now Admin account...re-scan for inconsistencies...and there'll be no more inconsistencies whereas when my wife's account was a Limited account before--there are a lot of inconsistencies. Why the disappearrance of inconsistencies when a Limited account is changed to an Admin account?

Please note that I'm not yet talking about fixing inconsistencies...all those inconsistencies detected I just leave behind untouched...for the moment. By the way, I also have CCleaner and using it's Scanning for Registry Issues feature to check for Registry Issues...I get the same result/observation as when using Spybot S&D re: appearrance of registry inconsistencies/issues when an Admin account is changed to a Limited account AND disappearrance of registry inconsistencies/issues when a Limited account is changed to an Admin account. Please enlighten me as to why this is happening. Thanks!
    Windows XP MCE(SP3),IE7 & FireFox3(default),HostsMan,AVG Free 8,CCleaner,MBAM,SUPERAntispyware,F-Secure BlackLight AntiRootKit,ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.483

Maybe are inconsistencies files (in limited account) can be only accessed by administrators.
    Are there some files that can be runned only in administrator account ?

Default Why the presence of Reg Inconsistencies while Limited Account?

Majority of the issues detected on the limited user account were Uninstaller Reference Issue(100+)...something like C:WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB873339$\spuninst\spuninst.exe cannot be located(the others just changes the 6-digit #) then Installer Reference Issue(2)...C:WINDOWS\Documents & Settings\Username\Application Data\SPAMfighter(the other one is about SPAMfighter\Logs then ActiveX/COM Issue(only one)...something like InProcServer32\C:WINDOWS\system32\Setup\fxsocm.dll. There are also about 4 or 5 Uninstaller Reference Issue about ie7updates. All of those inconsistencies would be gone(w/o fixing the problem yet) once I change the said Limited Account to an Admin Account.
    Windows XP MCE(SP3),IE7 & FireFox3(default),HostsMan,AVG Free 8,CCleaner,MBAM,SUPERAntispyware,F-Secure BlackLight AntiRootKit,ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.483

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The limited user account cannot access the referenced files so the registry entries that point to them look like inconsistencies. Logon on to the limited account and look for the following file:
    • C:WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB873339$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.