Thread: Help with BlackCore

Default Help with BlackCore

I posted a thread in another forum about this peice of Malware, but it came back pretty harmless in the long run. Either way, it was suggested that I put a thread here just in case, and so I am.

I first encountered this Backdoor Trojan a few days ago. SpyBot says it is both a backdoor and a tracking cookie, so I do no tknow the level of threat this piece of Malware poses. I removed it promptly, then made sure I only visited well-known sites, avoiding the shady ones that you would expect a Trojan from.

However, a few days later I ran another spyBot scan and it showed back up. So I removed it and then ran another scan. Not only did it show back up, but everything else I though i just removed showed back up as well.

Sometimes this happens and then sometimes it does not. Sometimes Black Core is an issue and sometimes it is not.

Anyway, I was wanting to know some information on Black Core. I want to know if I should be majorly worried about it or if I should just treat it like any other tracking cookie. It should be noted that Norton does not recognize this threat, so I am totally in the dark about it.

If it is a major threat, how can I avoid it and remove it completely (provided I am not doing it right in the first place), and if it isn't, what exactly IS it?

Here is a HJT log, just incase you need it:

I use Firefox, and so I downloaded and installed SpywareBlaster to block a lot of those pesky cookies that could get on here, but BlackCore didn't seem to be on the list, as it says it is both a cookie and a backdoor trojan.

Anyway, please get back to me on this. It's confusing, to say the least.
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-07-04 at 05:21. Reason: HJT log removed. ;-)

Hi.Hijackthis logs aren't allowed in the Spybot forum section:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1266
    A moderator might remove it later on.

I was looking at your thread with pskelley and I thought it might be helpful if you posted what Spybot was finding,so that someone here could see it.To do that,could you do this:

Produce a short log (showing items flagged)
    1. Open SpyBot.
    2. Check for problems.
    3. When finished, right click and choose copy results (not the full report) to clipboard and post that into topic.