Thread: Allow or Deny History Log

Default Allow or Deny History Log

When one is prompted to Allow or Deny a change to the registry by Spybot Search and Destroy, is there some sort of log file that is created of these Allow or Deny choices, so that one can go back and see exactly what was allowed or denied and which registry key was or was not changed. If there is a log file or something created where is it and how can I review it?

Lately I keep getting an error message 'The instruction at 0x009a96bc referenced memory at 0x0000000 .... ' This error is immediately followed by a Spybot Allow or Deny Registry Change window, then the system locks up and the only way I can get it to unlock is to say ' Allow ' on the Spybot Message Prompt Window. I would like to be able to find out what registry is being accessed and changed.

Speaking of which, it sure would be nice if instead of such a cryptic allow or deny change message, it would be very beneficial if it was able to tell us which main application was requesting the change. Then one would at least have a way to research that program or application.

There is a Resident.log.To see it,you could just right-click Teatimer,then select Show Log.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CalExplorer View Post
    When one is prompted to Allow or Deny a change to the registry by Spybot Search and Destroy, is there some sort of log file that is created of these Allow or Deny choices, so that one can go back and see exactly what was allowed or denied and which registry key was or was not changed. If there is a log file or something created where is it and how can I review it?
    Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon (Spybot-SD Resident) > select Show log. Or go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.

Quote Originally Posted by CalExplorer View Post
    Speaking of which, it sure would be nice if instead of such a cryptic allow or deny change message, it would be very beneficial if it was able to tell us which main application was requesting the change. Then one would at least have a way to research that program or application.
    TeaTimer does not intercept registry changes. It recognizes registry changes by comparing the registry with copies of the registry keys it monitors giving you the opportunity to reverse the registry change with a "Deny Change". The only information available at that time is the new and old registry values.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Allow or Deny History Log

Thanks.

After posting my comment I discovered as you mentioned that the information is available while in the Advanced Mode under Tools / Resident.

Thank you for your other comments as well.