Thread: Question regarding the TCP/IP Setting Plugin

Unhappy Question regarding the TCP/IP Setting Plugin

Hello

I recently updated Spybot on june 25 and its been awhile now, but I definitely notice a drastic drop on my connection speed as if some setting was change by the TCP/IP Setting plugin that limited the amount of connection coming in. I have measured and it seems that my connection have reduced down to around 30kb/sec from originally 200kb/sec.

I do not really know why that is so or maybe because reducing the connection was part of the plugin to prevent certain hacking or spyware attempts?

But right now I prefer to revert it back. So is that possible to remove the plugin and revert back all the changes it has done? Because simply deleting it or uninstalling Spybot isn't working.

Thank you

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

hf041445:

After installing the "TCP/IP Settings" plugin, did you detect a problem with a product name of "Zlob.DNSChanger" during a "Check for problems" and then do a "Fix selected problem" on that problem?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Um no problems seems to be detected or anything I had that goes by this name.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

hf041445:

As I attempted to indicate in the following post:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    The "TCP/IP Settings plugin" appears to be just an unregistered dll file (TCPIPAddress.dll) that was placed in the following location:
    • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins

The TCPIPAddress.dll only appears to load with SpybotSD.exe and therefore should not have any affect on anything except Spybot – Search & Destroy (SpybotSD.exe) when you are running it.
    If you did not do a "Fix selected problem" on the detections identified by the rule set and associated "TCP/IP Settings" plugin as "Zlob.DNSChanger", I personally do not believe that the "TCP/IP Settings" plugin is the source of a setting change that cause a slowdown of your internet connection.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.