Thread: Spybot not starting at reboot

Default Spybot not starting at reboot

Hello everyone- thank you for reviewing my problem(s)... I ran Spybot S&D to have the program report back not all could be fixed after scan, can SB&D restart at next boot up? When acknowledged and reboot is done the program does not start. I have the latest version of the program and I am running it under the Win 2000 OS.

Also I suspect I have been hijacked and would like to know how I might be able to tell what has been done to my browser. Can I post a log file from HiJack This or the like?

Thanks again for your time and interest.

Respectfully

mDOOLY

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

When you acknowledge that that you want Spybot-S&D to run on your next system startup the following entry is added to registry:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
    "SpybotSnD"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\SpybotSD.exe\""
    Are you running TeaTimer or any other software that is blocking that entry from being added to the registry?

As a substitute try the following:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings > look for "System start" (located half way down the page).
    • Check the option: "Run program once at next system startup".
    • Reboot the system.

HijackThis logs are not allowed in this forum. See:

However, if you want to post a HijackThis log and have someone take a look at your problem you can post in the Malware Removal forum. Follow the instructions here:

After completing those steps, start a new thread (topic) in the following forum (making sure to include the HijackThis log and online scan logs produced from the instructions above):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.