Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is SweetIM spyware?

Angry Sweetim

Could sweetim move my files around and delete my user account?

XD, hidden links. More like tempting links with your screenname in it (makes you feel special ). In most cases, the user's IM account was compromised, so there's an bot that sends out most of the dirty links (exploits).

The scorecard on SweetIM has not changed...

oscarhugo, SweetIM is considered malicious by the WOT community. Best to stick with their opinion. I doubt it'll delete your user account (assuming you mean the OS accounts), but it's not a nice guy to have on your machine. It appears to be another "smiley" program (I really have no idea, how spyware developers integrate these things into common social networking software... if it actually works ).

Default RE: Is SweetIM spyware?

If you can't remove it from the control panel or Spybot, try deleting the folder Microgaming in Program Files by typing in SweetIM in Start Menu search. Remove all subsequent folders and installation .exe's. Then the Start menu and run regedit.exe, under edit, type in SweetIM. Delete the folders and all entries with SweetIm. A software manufacturer should never make it impossible to opt-out or uninstall without having to refer to tech support. Apparent Win.hook Internet Explorer browser hijacker... Hope I was of assistance, let me know if it worked.

Sweetim attached itself to my laptop when I loaded microsoft's messenger to the web getting rid of MS messenger has not removed sweetim. the damned thing loads instead of my home page but when I use a link to my HP, I can over ride the pest.

Am seriously thinking about ridding my computer of all the cursed micriosoft programs and revert to lynux

Smile It's not undeletable!

I'm only 14 and i figured out how to remove it in under 1min =)

Default SweetIM - Requesting Help

Need help removing Sweet IM displays from my FB.

Sweet IM continues to show up as a toolbar embedded in the body of my FB page at the top just above where we enter our statuses. It continues to also show up in my chat windows. How do I get rid of these embedded displays?

I have removed Sweet IM from my computer using the Windows Control program, remove programs feature. I have also deleted all Sweet IM Cookies. All of these actions appear to have worked, but I cannot find a way to remove it from my FB page and chat, and it was never intended for FB. I initially downloaded it to augment my Yahoo Messenger app only.

And a Sweet IM support link, listed in an earlier response purportedly by a rep from Sweet IM, directed me to a generic Yahoo list only and not to anything remotely resembling a Sweet IM help support site.
    Last edited by dddailey7; 2011-07-19 at 22:29.

quit with scaring people. there is nothing wrong with sweetim. Spybot says it is clean when i test it, AVG says it's clean and so do most virus scanners
    http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/...2ff-1315164903

show proof or stop scaring people

Default ugh.

sweetIM was an add on to a download that i missed. after my browser had problems staying connected, i went through my control panel and uninstalled what i didn't use often, and what i thought was junk. i had no idea what the hell sweetIM was, and tried to uninstall it...but it wouldn't let me. red flags went blaring in my head. how reputable can a program be if it won't let me uninstall it. shit...i didn't even know it was there.

after an hour trying to figure it out, and constantly disconnecting and repairing my wireless connection trying to connect to google, i did this:

download Revo Uninstaller Pro...follow the prompts and uninstall that mofo.

Default I got rid of it in 1 hour

I just uninstalled sweetim. As it wasn't gone still from my browser, then I just deleted my main internet browser, restarted the computer and voila. After that I just installed the internet browser I used befor back again.

Quote Originally Posted by pikazu View Post
    I just uninstalled sweetim. As it wasn't gone still from my browser, then I just deleted my main internet browser, restarted the computer and voila. After that I just installed the internet browser I used befor back again.
    SweetIM is good for what pikazu. I also had to uninstall my browser. I used a nifty little software called slimcomputer. It can be used as an uninstaller, it catches things that cant be accessed through your control panel. I also use another software for fixing registry errors and erasing and managing your cookies. The program is called ccleaner and its free! can't beat free
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-04-16 at 19:39. Reason: Removed commercial link in signature twice