Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is SweetIM spyware?

Default Just uninstalled SweetIM

Found this site while searching for a way to uninstall this program.
    My son gave me this link to a free uninstaller. Installed it and used the advanced method.
    Everything was fine in 10 minutes total.
    The link is: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

So I registered here just to let you know and I very much appreciate Spybot!!

Regards
    Adri

Default They're Still Naughty

My experience is similar to Jim Well's. When I opened Firefox this AM the welcome was a Flash Player update. I didn't trust it so clicked "No". SweetPacks basically highjacked all my browsers. Next was about 8 hrs of hell removing (hopefully) all of their files hidden throughout my Program Files.

Since I make my living with my PC my family lost a day's income. I am grateful to the folks on this site, and others who provided ideas on how to eliminate all the SweetPacks files and it's little friend Supreme Savings. Other help came from:

Edit: Removed link, W.O.T. score= http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/gu...t=popup-donuts

I'm not as proficient at computers as you folks so it took me a long time. You need to remove it from each browser, and Program. I did finally resort to an Uninstall program that came up via Firefox; but it was from the original culprits so you can imagine my concern. Is it really gone? Will they now have access to my computer via a back door?

One of the distressing things that happen in this process is that my Norton Security Suite was placed in the Recycle bin along the way. It wasn't by me. So before you delete those Recycle files make sure these chaps haven't placed crucial files in your wastebasket for you.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-03-26 at 03:58. Reason: Removed link

Default Got rid of SweetIM

Using Spybot, I found 44 examples of this on a friend's computer, but Spybot couldn't get rid of it. So, I did something I've found to work before. I restarted in safe mode and ran Spybot again. It found the same number of problems, and it also removed them. One more reason to love Spybot!

Default Lies

Quote Originally Posted by iftahy View Post
    hello - I am the VP Marketing of SweetIM, and I would like to assure you that SweetIM is a 100% clean product. recently we received TrustE certification for trusted download programs, see:(http://www.truste.org/pvr.php?page=v...102&sealid=112) for more information.
    if for some reason you are unable to uninstall SweetIM please contact at:
    http:/ /www.sweetim.com/help_contact.asp

best,

Iftah
    If it's not malicious, why does it deposit malware and viruses every time I try to uninstall it? I think you are a liar and represent a company that is spying on anyone and everyone it can. I am already looking into legal (both criminal and civil) manners of getting rid of you and your bullshit corporation. You are what's wrong with the internet.

same here, couldn't get rid of it too, anyone can help?

Working in a computer repair shop, currently being trained in spyware, malware, and virus removal, I can confirm that everytime someone in the shop sees SweetIM, we groan. So far the best combination we've found to pull it without manually deleting files (best from safe mode or a temporary, live OS), is a combination of Revo, AdwCleaner, and/or Spybot (pick 2).

Quote Originally Posted by timnehguy View Post
    Using Spybot, I found 44 examples of this on a friend's computer, but Spybot couldn't get rid of it. So, I did something I've found to work before. I restarted in safe mode and ran Spybot again. It found the same number of problems, and it also removed them. One more reason to love Spybot!
    Yeahhh...! Right, It's One more reason to love Spybot

Default So why is Sweetim apparently the world's 125th most populer .com?

People here want to get rid of Sweetim.

When I look at the world's most visited domains, sweetim.com is the world's 125th most popular! Either a lot of people love it, or more likely a lot of people don't know how to get rid of it.

If I believe the rankings on the below website (domaintyper.com/top-websites/most-popular-websites-with-com-domain), Sweetim.com is more popular than renren.com, badoo.com, Vimeo.com and tube8.com (also not suitable for kids!). This high ranking coupled with poor content implies that the visits to the Sweetim website are involuntary. In other words, your computer is visiting sights that you never requested. That makes it dangerous in my view. I would remove the App ASAP.

Ranked list of the world's most popular .com websites:

https://domaintyper.com/top-websites/most-popular-websites-with-com-domain