Thread: Computer will not start properly...

Default Computer will not start properly...

I have Windows XP, and recently I installed the Spybot 1.4.
    After restarting the computer, it would not reboot all the way to my desktop. So, I cleaned my fan area, and restarted it...to no avail. It would keep rebooting itself over, and over, never stabilizing itself on the desktop.
    So, I pressed the F8; and tried to run my system in the Safe Mode...to no avail; same problems.
    I pressed the F8, again; and I ran it in the "Run In Last Known Configuration That Worked" (?)(I think that that is what it said.); and it worked just fine.
    Ever since then, I must restart the computer; press F8; and run it in the Last Known Configuration That Worked (?).
    Is there a solution to this problem?

Do you have fixed anything with Spybot-S&D?

Please try this:

Use "Run In Last Known Configuration That Worked" and then use a Windows Restore Point.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx

Please give us a feedback so that we know if it has worked or not.

If you don't remember if Spybot-S&D has fixed anything then please take a look in the log file. The name of the log file is stored in the format "Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt". You should find it in the following folder if your system drive is c:

* Windows 95 or 98: C:\Windows\Aplication Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    * Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    * Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    * Windows Vista: C:\Windows\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

(Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties. http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html)