Thread: How to change things from allowed list to blocked list?

Default How to change things from allowed list to blocked list?

A trojan or such is changing my IE settings everytime my pc is booted, is there a way to change it so they cannot? Somehow the settings got on my allowed list, and I can't see any way to put them on my blocked list!

Thanks.

You can't move it from your Allowed List to your Blocked List right from Teatimer,but you can remove the change from your Allowed List.
    Right-click Teatimer,then select Settings,to open the Black & White list.There's four headings at the top you can click on,Allowed processes,Blocked processes,Allowed registry changes,Blocked registry changes,and if there's anything you wish to remove,just click the X to remove it,then click OK.

To get it blocked,after you remove the Allowed Decision,you'd have to click Deny and Remember This Decision,after you get the pop-up about it from Teatimer once again.But I think a better idea,if you have a trojan ,would be for you to ask for help in malware removal.

The instructions are here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-07-29 at 14:33.

I took them off and restarted, but they are on there again and they changed my settings back without asking me.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

After removing the item, are you clicking "OK" or exiting the window?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    After removing the item, are you clicking "OK" or exiting the window?
    Umm, I'm busted. I didn't even think of that lol. I did remove it, but it was still changing it. I think I got rid of what I had using Avast, but I'm still blocking IE with my firewall for a while.

Thanks!