Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

looks like tonysak did not pay close attention on how to solve his "hyper-threading" problem. he should know better, bitman.

Default Immunising

I am running a standalone computer on windows xp. It proves a big pain trying to administer it. Spybot has got a good immunisation system, however , every single user on the computer has to immunise separatly. Which means that normally only the most profishent users (such as myself) immunise to take advantage of the new database.

What I am getting at is that Spybot should filter the settings down the users. So that only one user needs to immunise and all the computer users are protected from new threats, without having to go into every user name to do it seperatly.

Default improved immunization feature would be great

Jim B has got a point on improvements on the immunization feature so that users dont have to immunize spybot on each computer separately.

I have to disagree with Chaos17 (bigtime) on just making spybot better under win2k & XP. there are still a lot of windows users out there using win98/me and removing 9x support in spybot 1.5 would be a terrible mistake. hope all the Teatimer problems will be resolved in the next release of spybot. the teatimer problems are another reason why it'll take longer for the creators of spybot to release the next version. they have to figure out a way to fix those problems.

Default Hello Spybot User From Mexico

Hello I Was Also Wondering About Spybot 1.5 And This Are The Suggestions That I Have

- Continue With The Support For W98 And Wme In My Country Many Computers Are Still Used With These Os Will Be Terrible For Us If You Don't Do It.

- I Think You Should Fix The Problem With Ht.

- I Think That The Autoupdate Will Not Be A Good Idea, The Auto Update Programs Like Norton Are Very Annoying, And Only Causes Trouble. I Know That Not Every Body Is Able To Update It Itself But This Is Not A Perfect World.

Thanks A Lot Spybot Team

I Know Yow Will Do Your Best In Spybot 1.5

Default "Immunity" support for Opera 9 browsers

that would be a nice idea spybotsandra to have a Download All updates button.

I hope the next version of Spybot would include Immunization support for Opera 9 web browsers. I just downloaded the final release of Opera 9 browser today and Spybot does NOT offer Immunization for it, even when I checked the "individual profiles" setup option during install of Opera 9. Spybot 1.4 will offer Immunization for Opera 8.5 and earlier but NOT Opera 9.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    that would be a nice idea spybotsandra to have a Download All updates button.

I hope the next version of Spybot would include Immunization support for Opera 9 web browsers. I just downloaded the final release of Opera 9 browser today and Spybot does NOT offer Immunization for it, even when I checked the "individual profiles" setup option during install of Opera 9. Spybot 1.4 will offer Immunization for Opera 8.5 and earlier but NOT Opera 9.
    ok disregard my previous post. Spybot 1.4 can offer Immunization support for Opera 9 browsers as long as Opera 9 is installed in the \Program Files\Opera\ folder and NOT the \Program Files\Opera 9\ folder. If it is installed in the Opera 9 folder, un-install Opera 9 and re-install the browser into the Opera folder and Spybot will show immunity for Opera 9.

Default extra includes for more limits

hi,
    1. is it possible to up the loads a bit to fully use the includes, that would then force most of the leaders to be hit?

2. On the 2nd main screen two links would be useful to press to get to it and that would save time working out where they were.

3. Ive installed this on many lights before, on thier own but it wold be useful if you could release two sessions side by side, making remote passes possible.

4 and lastly keep up the good work people, if you get these three options working you know youve gone MAD.

;-)

Maybe a Black & White List log(if that's possible),that could be easily posted if people are having problems.(with remembered decisions.)

@feeks: Select/Deselect all has been added

@Who Knew: the indication was in the status bar earlier, but without the dialog, many people seem to have missed that

The integrated shredder has, as jonathanbean mentioned, been deactivated and is used only for cleanups currently, simple because there are many better stand-alone shredders out there.

@Matt: "rootkit detection" is often requested, but rootkits are actually also just some kind of malware. Some rootkits are detected, some not. If you know some that are not detected, send some information to our detectives and they'll try to add it Vista support is in 1.5. Immunization for Firefox will come shortly after 1.5.

@DELTRON: shell integration is actually possible, we use single-file-Spybot-S&D scanners e.g. for test automation. It's just that finding files only wouldn't get rid of the associated registry stuff, though we soon might have something for that ready soon.

@noel-pr7: Opera 9 support should be improved in 1.5 as well, we're using many methods currently, from registry App Paths\Opera.exe settings over AppData\Opera\ profile folders, \Software\Opera Software\, etc. Might just be that some detection methods had problems detecting the Opera version (Opera changed a few file formats, some history file now has four instead of three lines per entry or something).

@anonymous user re Select all on updates: right-click on the list gets you a context menu with those choices, since eternities

tsSecure: the IE plugin has grown and will continue to grow, a popup blocker shouldn't be impossible, but then, IE 7 already has one integrated, and older versions tend to not get enough security updates, so I wouldn't recommend them anyway

@arturo_arraiga: we even added Win95 in the list of supported OS back in

Wanted to answer some more topics, but I'll have to go and make todays regular updates ready now :D
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Smile Next release suggestion

First, excellent product keep up the good work!

Here are a few suggestions from a network admin point of view.

How about making a msi install package for spybot so admins can deploy via AD. This would resolve the issue with users not being administrators on workstations for logon script installs.

Create a program to install on a server to allow admins to autodownload the "spybot dats" to a shared location for the client installs to pull from.

Make spybot a windows service rather then a startup task