Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)

Default Another suggestion for 1.5

I have not been able to find a duplicate request for this function so here goes!

Action "Select All Reports" for Tools->View Report->View Report.

Having to manually select every report in order to delete old reports can be very time consuming! Assuming a select all reports by default and then unselecting the resident and update downloads logs would be considerably easier than having to select every report to be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by feeks View Post
    I have not been able to find a duplicate request for this function so here goes!

Action "Select All Reports" for Tools->View Report->View Report.

Having to manually select every report in order to delete old reports can be very time consuming! Assuming a select all reports by default and then unselecting the resident and update downloads logs would be considerably easier than having to select every report to be deleted.
    Oh one other!!!

Action "View Selected Report" for Tools->View Report->View Report.

Being able to open the report log from the same screen would also be a plus

@feeks: Select/Deselect all has been added

@Who Knew: the indication was in the status bar earlier, but without the dialog, many people seem to have missed that

The integrated shredder has, as jonathanbean mentioned, been deactivated and is used only for cleanups currently, simple because there are many better stand-alone shredders out there.

@Matt: "rootkit detection" is often requested, but rootkits are actually also just some kind of malware. Some rootkits are detected, some not. If you know some that are not detected, send some information to our detectives and they'll try to add it Vista support is in 1.5. Immunization for Firefox will come shortly after 1.5.

@DELTRON: shell integration is actually possible, we use single-file-Spybot-S&D scanners e.g. for test automation. It's just that finding files only wouldn't get rid of the associated registry stuff, though we soon might have something for that ready soon.

@noel-pr7: Opera 9 support should be improved in 1.5 as well, we're using many methods currently, from registry App Paths\Opera.exe settings over AppData\Opera\ profile folders, \Software\Opera Software\, etc. Might just be that some detection methods had problems detecting the Opera version (Opera changed a few file formats, some history file now has four instead of three lines per entry or something).

@anonymous user re Select all on updates: right-click on the list gets you a context menu with those choices, since eternities

tsSecure: the IE plugin has grown and will continue to grow, a popup blocker shouldn't be impossible, but then, IE 7 already has one integrated, and older versions tend to not get enough security updates, so I wouldn't recommend them anyway

@arturo_arraiga: we even added Win95 in the list of supported OS back in

Wanted to answer some more topics, but I'll have to go and make todays regular updates ready now :D
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default From an administrators point of view

First of all, all the effort is really worth it. Without people working together for the good of the community, the internet would be the biggest pile slow moving "c**p".

All of our customers use spybot along with others forms of defense. My main requests are from an administrative point of view. IT would be helpful if all options could be set as an administrative user, and then set for any user that logs on to the PC. several clients have hot desking so enforcing immunization etc and teatimer is very awkward to say the least.

Thats my main area of concern, I would also be helpful if the program could automatically scan all profiles, but I'm not sure if this would be possible.

Maybe some of this is included?

Also can we have some form of centralised push/pull centre that would install spybot on all connected machines, with domain level policies etc run from their server. Also being able to talk centrally to the software for scheduling scans, reports, database versions etc. We use trend SMB for our clients and would very much like to see a centralised admin area similar to theirs. I expect our clients would actually opt for paying as a commercial entity for this, and licences. It would also cut down our remote support times as well.

Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by amberley View Post
    Also can we have some form of centralised push/pull centre that would install spybot on all connected machines, with domain level policies etc run from their server. Also being able to talk centrally to the software for scheduling scans, reports, database versions etc. We use trend SMB for our clients and would very much like to see a centralised admin area similar to theirs. I expect our clients would actually opt for paying as a commercial entity for this, and licences. It would also cut down our remote support times as well.
    Spybot-S&D is free for personal use, please see the FAQS regarding licensing for Corporate users.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...54&postcount=3

Also:
    For the specific needs of corporate LANs/WANs we designed a tool called "Intranet Server for Spybot - Search & Destroy"
    Information and contact here: "Intranet Server for Spybot - Search & Destroy"

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-07-10 at 03:21. Reason: Added link
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

My main requests are from an administrative point of view. IT would be helpful if all options could be set as an administrative user, and then set for any user that logs on to the PC.
    Registry settings in HKLM will override the same in the HKCU path. Also, the Configuration.ini can be automatically overriden by a file on the server, see the Intranet Server link posted by Tashi.

Thats my main area of concern, I would also be helpful if the program could automatically scan all profiles, but I'm not sure if this would be possible.
    It does not only scan all profiles, it even scans inactive installations (e.g. if you have a dual-boot setup), including the registry of these. To clean malware in other users accounts, appropriate rights would still be needed of course.

Also can we have some form of centralised push/pull centre that would install spybot on all connected machines, with domain level policies etc run from their server. Also being able to talk centrally to the software for scheduling scans, reports, database versions etc.
    As Tashi already hinted at, centralized updates, configuration, scheduling, email notification to admin, etc. already comes with the commercial use license
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Thanks for your answer.

I'm happy that you integrate an immunization for Firefox. Thank you!
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt