Thread: Spybot is automatically un-installing itself

Default Spybot is automatically un-installing itself

I ahve 2 users that said that when they logged in to there machines spybot had been mysteriously un-installed.

I know I didn't do it and I'm the network/system admin. Anyone else experience this. Is there some sort of timer in spybot that makes it un-install after so many days of in-activity.

As you can imagine they are freaked out about it and I am a little concerned.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Usually, we would ask you to create a Spybot - Search & Destroy system report to see whether there is some new spyware that especially targets Spybot - Search & Destroy (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    Follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports on this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with [Spybot Attacked]. Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot